The Laclede County Health Department does regulate and permit County onsite wastewater treatment systems that fall under our jurisdiction. For more information call: (417) 532-3477

Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems

- Do I need a permit?

You need a permit from the health department when putting in a system on less than 5 acres of land. When you call your registered installer, they should know the process on how to receive one. 

- Can I install it myself?

No. You must hire a registered installer for all types of onsite systems no matter the number of acres you own or if you need a permit or not. (there is a list at the top of the page)

- Do I have to have 5 acres or more to have a lagoon?

No. As long as your property allows the installer to meet the required set-back distances (look below), you can have a lagoon.

Frequently asked questions:

Laclede County Health

                                                            "Protecting Our Community"

405 Harwood Ave.

Lebanon, Missouri