Laclede County Health
"Protecting Our Community"
405 Harwood Ave.
The History of Laclede County Health Department
Type your paragraph here.
- Membership Listing
- Meeting Information
- 2018 Meeting Schedule
Board of Trustees
Ron provides our Custodial, Maintenance, and Lawn Care services. He takes great pride and care in maintaining a clean and safe environment for our clients. He also is an avid gardener, and always works hard to ensure our flower beds and lawn look beautiful!
Laclede County Health Department
Office Support Staff
Women, Infants, Children
The Laclede County Health Department has provided various health related services to the citizens of Laclede County since the beginning of WWII. Although records vary with the original date of opening, the first "health unit" was established in approximately 1942 and was located in the Laclede County Courthouse on Adams Street, Lebanon, Mo. The original staff included; one administrator, one nurse and one health inspector.
During the 1950's, a local family donated a piece of land on Chestnut Street for the new site of the Laclede County Health Department. Construction was made through a partial federal grant and local funding. Two additional nurses were hired, along with one clerical position. The original services offered by the Laclede County Health Department included immunizations, communicable disease management, general sanitation and home nursing care. This facility was used until the Health Department moved to its current facility in 2001.
On July 14, 2000, a lease to purchase agreement was entered into by the Laclede County Health Department and the Laclede County Industrial Development Authority, to purchase a vacant building at 405 Harwood Ave. In November of 2000 a grant was applied for and was received for renovations and equipment for the new 11,785 sq ft building. After all renovations were complete, operation in the new facility began on July 16, 2001.